Monday, June 4, 2007

Almost Summer...

It felt like summer this week. HOT! SUNNY! Did I mention hot?!
It was wonderful but I think we're going to need more fans...HOT!

My mom and dad came to watch the kids do their play. (It was wonderfully cute! And they did great it their small roles.) It seems we need them to help us explore new places in our own back yard. They took us up to Harrison Lake. WOW. So beautiful! The beach is huge so even though there were tons of people it was not packed. I can't wait to go back. click here
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The kids had an amazing time building sand castles and I actually got to read my magazine undisturbed which never happens.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And my mom and dad were there so there's even a picture of me with my kids. Totally NEVER EVER happens:)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yes, we're mostly insane just in case you had any question in your mind about that HA HA.

And today? Rain, but it's the light refreshing rain that comes as a relief after days of unrelenting heat. Have I mentioned lately how thankful I am to live here? Thank you Lord for your great gifts.

8 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

We've got the rain after unrelenting heat happening here too...it's so luverly! We're not being deceived though. We're headed to the Big City (Kamloops) on Friday to stock up on summer gear.

Beautiful pics!

Super Happy Girl said...

That top picture is amazing!! What a cool place. I googled it, it sounds divine.

Thanks for visiting my blog :)
I see you also read TWoP and Fug Yourself. We are both cool like that.

shay said...

Kim - Kamploops is big??? I obviously haven't been in a while:)
and I love the rain after hot hot days too!
No Cool - shhhhh! you aren't supposed to tell. That's why they're waaaaaaay down at the bottom ;-)
Oh and thanks for letting me rant on your blog!

BOSSY said...

Geesh - and here Bossy was in such a great mood thinking her neighborhood was so cute. Nnnn gahhh.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful place! If I ever got there, I don't think I would leave.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

shay said...

bossy and dana,
I feel exactly the same way about where I live. It's like a dream I never quite wake up from - wonderful!

Mary said...

What great pictures! That lake looks just gorgeous!

Thanks for the fun comment on my blog today! I just now scanned down through yours and it looks like you are busy and have some huge projects going on. Good luck!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Gorgeous photos! Love the one of you and the kids, hope you all had a great visit:)