Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter was fun!!

Easter went off without a hitch, mostly because my sister-in-law and I had already decided the weater would suck and we'd have to have the event indoors AND because I forgot to actually count how many were coming until the day before giving me very little time to panic.

Would you like to know the number? 34!! YES you read the right!

Here are most of the kids ...
Easter Egg hunters
Braving the wind and rain in search of their sugar and chocolate. These kids are die hard candy freaks!!!
Just to make the day even more complicated and fun to navigate, my oldest had a soccer tourney! YUP. FUN!

The dads hid the candy so it was harder than usual to find.
Emilee hunts
Photobucket

We poo-pooed the usual turkey or ham and went for chili. You read our numbers right? It was a sheer logistics thing. Everyone brought a salad or buns or dessert and a feast was had by all.

We had cousins, brothers, aunts, grandmas, babies, preggos, teens (and preggo teens) and everyone else in between.




It was wonderful! Crazy but wonderful. I'm so glad we took that wall out!



Hey and check this out. I used to babysit this guy when he was a baby...

He just happens to be hubby's Cuz. How small a world do we live in?! And he'll be a father himself in May. This is a sure way to make oneself feel old. VERY OLD!

Oh and Amelia, my four year old, was again our intrepid photographer, just to explain some of the odd angles.

Dawn and Joel announced that they too will become parents this year! Congrats guys!
Joel, Dawn & diane

And it's not a celebration without the dogs. How did we go so long without dogs? We are officially "those weird dog people now". I promise not to show you my dog pictures when you whip out your baby pics though, I'm not quite that far gone!

Cousin Molly...
Molly
.... our and Bree, who rarely gets any personal space....
Maddy and Bree

17 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

oh i love love love BIG family gatherings!

and i am inlove with those little rain boots. WAT too cute!

looks like it was great time had by ALL.

(we posted our Easter pics too...you might need to scroll down abit to find them i have blogged a few times since then)

Monica said...

Great FUN!! I would have done chili, too:)

Family Adventure said...

What a great celebration! Chili works for me, too, when the numbers exceed...ehem...4. :)

Thanks for sharing,

Heidi

Mom said...

I love the dog shot! Looks like a good time was had by all.

Pregnantly Plump said...

That looks like such a fun holiday! I love the chili idea, especially if it's rainy or cold. Nothing better than chili on a chilly day. Glad you guys had such a great time.

Lori said...

Wow, what a gathering!! I love that you turn the camera over to a four year old!!

Pregnantly Plump said...

Thanks for watching the video! Here's a link to the real music video on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmbUNF1Q4R8

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Fun! What terrific photos girl! Love to you all.

Mamarazzi said...

thanks for stopping by my blog...no need to be skeeeerd of frogs. TRUST me i leave them alone and they have only ever bothered me once...and that is when our dog brought one into the house. so what did i do? grabbed my camera and blogged about it of course.

yep...

http://thevasquez3.blogspot.com/2007/09/zoey-great-white-hunter.html

Kellan said...

34 people? That's a bunch of people! What great pictures - It looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Thanks for coming by Shay. Hope you are well. See you soon. Kellan

Amy said...

Wow! That's a big group, but I am sure you handled it well and with much hospitality.

The pictures are great. Glad you enjoyed the holiday!

Aunt Becky said...

34! That's WILD!

(I'm jealous. I have a teeny family).

Victoria said...

Lovely pics! Looks like an enthusiastic fun family get-together...the best kind!

Laura said...

WOW - looks like a great time - love the photos!

Jess said...

Your photos all have such ambiance of big happy crowded family! I love it.

Also, that's the cutest dog everrrrrrr... I NEED IT.

CC said...

I'm so jealous! I haven't had a big family gathering since my grandparents were alive. We've all moved around the country and can't get together anymore :(

Unknown said...

I love those pictures, especially the last one of Bree and the dog. Or was Bree THE dog? I might be very, very confused. If so, don't tell, K?
I love huge family get togethers, but they are never at my house. How fun!