Friday, November 30, 2007

Off for a wonderful weekend...

I'm just leaving a quicky post. Oh okay, you got me, they're all pretty quick. I thought maybe with all the pictures no one would notice:)

Anyhoo....my sil, myself, a friend and her friend are all heading out on a hunting exposition. We are hunting wild coats, and shoes, and jeans and hope to return with a catch to last us the whole winter through.

I'm so excited about this girls trip! It's funny whenever I go on these things though. I never have time to do all the things I planned to do for me. I wanted to get my hair cut and tweeze my eye browns. You know so I look like a human rather than a mom. I actually don't even think about it much until I'm actually out on my own, no kids in tow.

Seriously, how do those women do it?! You know who I'm talking about those ones in the mall with their high healed boots and skinny jeans, highlights all in place, nails & eyebrows all done. Some of them even have kids which amazes me even more! You know those ones we all look at and think mean things about ("I bet she's not really happy...") because secretly we're green with envy!

So I'm not one of those AND I won't have my kids with me. I'll just be one of the unwashed masses, bad hair, slight roots, hint of a mono-brow... shopping the outlets with my buds.

And I CAN'T wait!! Wish us luck on our hunting and gathering trip!
See y'all after the weekend.

Oh and check out Kristen's blog while I'm gone. She made the trek with us last year and it won't be the same with out her. Miss ya Kris!

6 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Have fun! It's going to be a blast, I'm sure.

And -- I saw your picture in a previous post. PUHLEASE...you've got nothing to worry about!

Enjoy!

Heidi :)

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Luv ya babe! I will so be missing you guys. Have a wonderful time. without me. oh woe is me. wah!
Safe journeys and amazing sales are my wishes for you.

Kellan said...

I'm so JEALOUS! Have a blast!

Chey said...

Have SO much fun Shay. I'm SO jealous. I want to go to Bath and Body Works like you wouldn't believe. Really I want to go anywhere.....alone....without kids....

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

I'm jealous - I only get to go shopping with hubby tomorrow. Would much rather go with the girls. Sigh.... Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous too sounds like such fun. I'm going wild winter coat hunting too but alas it's for kiddos so they have to come with. Will be thinking of you and enjoy yourself!!