Saturday, November 24, 2007

poop on the deck and other strange things...

Saturdays are a bit crazy for us and I know I add to it but I feel like I need to be selfish in this one area. Saturday mornings I run 10 K with my sil and her sil. I'm pretty proud of myself actually as I pretty much never stick to what I've started. I'm an amazingly fabulous starter, one of the very best, but finishing...not so good. So when we started weight watchers last January I knew I could loose the weight and probably keep it off more or less BUT I never thought I'd still be running. We run in the rain, in the frost, in the fog and even in a wind storm (once and probably never again - sorry Ange!) I don't just run. I'm kinda sorta an actual runner - weird!

Anyway, Saturdays are soccer day. It starts early with Maddy at 10:30, Levi at 11:30 and Isaac at 12:30...yup crazy! So if I DID NOT run it would really make things easier but then I wouldn't get to run. And I love it! Or maybe I just love to eat so...I love to run so I can eat and not gain...whatever, same thing!

I love my hubby though, he is happy to do whatever he needs to do so that I can indulge in my fav pasttime! Love ya babe!

4 comments:

Badness Jones said...

Everytime I come over here you're talking about running...are you trying to tell me something? Ok. It's the weekend, so I'm going to try to go for a run. I miss it but I haven't gone since I was just a couple months preggo with Badness so it will be ugly. I'll be back to tell you how it went!

Kellan said...

You are my running hero - I'm proud that you run and love it. I don't want to run anywhere, it's pitiful. I don't even want to walk anywhere. Take care. Kellan

Amanda said...

That's really wonderful. It allows you to set an example as picking something healthy to do AND it demonstrates that you can be a good mom, better, even, by taking time for yourself.

Props to Dad for being supportive!

Unknown said...

I love your blog...

Your children are beautiful

I have added it to my list of blogs I like

I was just asking if this is ok? I have been reading it a lot lately

Tanya